Wednesday, July 10

Moving, reflux, and fireworks, OH MY

Alas! We have moved into our new condo AND we have Wifi.  I can now happily resume my life on social media.  Thank goodness, because the screen on my phone was starting to make me a little cross-eyed.


I should also mention that I started this post yesterday with so many witty sayings...but sometime between then and now, my computer ate my words and I can't come with anything clever or witty at the moment.  Brent was shocked when I told him that pregnant brain is indeed scientifically proven.

Just to sidetrack for a second, I have now acquired a whole new meaning of the phrase, "a bad case of the heartburns."  As soon as Brent and I went to bed last night, I started having the most horrid case of heartburn.  And I mean, it was baadd, y'all.  Brent found it to be hilarious, so we both started laughing hysterically.  I begged him to stop, but he wouldn't.

I warned him...




I felt like the 4th of July fireworks were happening in my esophagus. 

and what happened after that was definitely not pretty.  I had to wash the balcony the next morning.  YUCK.



We got to watch the 4th of July fireworks from our comfy snuggly bed.  Pretty cool eh?


Our California King Bed :)





Left:  Water view from our bedroom window Right: Our colorful bathroom 




Dining room table



Views from our living room window



Kitchen and such


Nifty little bar area


There are quite a few things that make me really happy about this place.  However, there are two things that really stand out in making me super happy.

1.  There is a door that separates the living room/dining room and our bedroom.  Why is this a big deal you ask?  Well, this means that my kitchen will smell like that delicious Vanilla Lime Yankee Candle that I got for 75% at T.J.Maxx, and my clothes won't smell like yesterdays supper.  It's my mother's fault.  She is obsessed with having air purifiers everywhere since Arabic food can sometimes release strong smells.  She loves our house to smell good and her clothes not to smell like the couscous, Bourak, or Chekchouka that she was making for supper.

2.  We have a California King bed.  Thank you Lord.  I am taking full advantage of these last few months before Ari is born to savour the sweetness of zzzZZZZzzzz.

So this is why I knew that God wanted us to live here.  For starters, remember from this post that finding this place was so incredibly easy.  Easy just like everything has been during this entire transition.  It had been hard calling realtors and trying to look at places since Brent works all day.  He just happened to have a day off during the week.  That day, I called a realtor who I had been trying to reach for a week.  I told Brent that she probably won't answer but I'll leave her a message again.  Guess what?  She answered!  We were looking at this condo within 15 minutes of getting a hold of her.  (She complimented my big southern hair, since she's from Texas.)  The rent price includes everything, from water, electricity, cable, and internet.  In addition to all this awesomeness, she didn't have us sign or pay anything before we moved.  She just took our word and gave us the keys.  This worked out great because since Brent still had not been paid since he started work in early June, we literally did not have enough money to pay rent + deposit.

As if this wasen't enough greatness for a weekend, God did it again.  We FOUND a church yesterday. We have gone to about 4 different churches since we've been here and none of them felt like home.  Well on Sunday, we were welcomed home by New Hope Voyager :)

We also met 2 pretty awesome couples to add to our Hawaii friends repertoire, 1 couple from Brent's work and another couple with a precious little girl from church.  I have a feeling we will be great friends for a long time to come.

I am so happy!

So happy living to y'all too.

No comments:

Post a Comment